Wednesday, 3 May 2017
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements she has planned for the rest of the day. (S5F-01217)
2. To ask the First Minister what engagements she has planned for the rest of the week. (S5F-01212)
3. To ask the First Minister when the Cabinet will next meet. (S5F-01215)
4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to Scotland’s population rising to an all-time high of 5.4 million. (S5F-01229)
5. To ask the First Minister whether headteachers will require the agreement of the relevant local authority before a decision is made about how the pupil equity fund will be spent in their...
6. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government has taken to improve access to sanitary products. (S5F-01234)
7. To ask the First Minister how the High Court of Justice decision to order the United Kingdom Government to publish its air pollution strategy impacts on Scotland. (S5F-01235)
On a point of order, Presiding Officer. Yesterday, the Scottish Government issued a press release announcing a regeneration project in Glasgow, which everyone knows is a Scottish National Party...
1. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to reduce waiting times at the Royal infirmary of Edinburgh. (S5O-00939)
2. To ask the Scottish Government why its land and buildings transaction tax will generate £800 million less than its original estimate. (S5O-00940)
3. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the cost of delivering 100 per cent broadband coverage by 2021, and how much it has invested in this programme to date....
4. To ask the Scottish Government how leaving the European Union will impact on third sector funding in the West Scotland region. (S5O-00942)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what it considers to be the fairest system for councils to raise local revenue. (S5O-00943)
1. To ask the Scottish Government what support it offers to people from island communities who want to access university medical courses. (S5O-00919)
2. To ask the Scottish Government when the 2014 guidance on school meals will be reviewed. (S5O-00920)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what measures it is taking to ensure that schools can fill teacher vacancies. (S5O-00921)
4. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on when it will publish a new anti-bullying strategy for schools. (S5O-00922)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what requirements local authorities have to provide children with the basic tools of learning at school. (S5O-00923)
6. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on what action it is taking to improve literacy rates. (S5O-00924)
7. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on what action it is taking to ensure that all pupils can participate in extra-curricular activities irrespective of background...
8. Back in the real world. To ask the Scottish Government for what reason there has been a 62 per cent reduction in the target number of primary postgraduate diploma in education places between...
9. To ask the Scottish Government what percentage of school leavers in North Ayrshire in 2016 continued in education, went on to training or entered employment. (S5O-00927)
The next item of business is consideration of three business motions. I ask Joe FitzPatrick, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, to move motion S5M-05428, setting out a business programme, and...
On a point of order, Presiding Officer. Will you reflect on the length of time taken for questions and answers this afternoon? We only got to question 9. The cabinet secretary’s answers...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.