Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Thursday, 10 November 2016
1. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to encourage school pupils to study medicine at university. (S5O-00322)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what recent discussions it has had with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde regarding plans to close the children’s ward at the Royal Alexandra hospital and the...
3. To ask the Scottish Government what progress it is making with its Nordic Baltic strategy. (S5O-00324)
4. To ask the Scottish Government when it last met Fife Council. (S5O-00325)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to address the reported £42.7 million funding gap in the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. (S5O-00326)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it takes to tackle any age discrimination against 17 and 18-year-olds. (S5O-00327)
7. To ask the Scottish Government when ministers last met representatives of NHS Borders and what issues were discussed. (S5O-00328)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements she has planned for the rest of the day. (S5F-00445)
2. I associate myself and the Labour benches with the First Minister’s remarks on remembrance Sunday. To ask the First Minister when the Cabinet will next meet. (S5F-00462)
3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S5F-00435)
4. To ask the First Minister what assessment the Scottish Government has made of the impact on Scotland of the outcome of the US presidential election. (S5F-00450)
5. I fear that we may have been here before. To ask the First Minister what lessons have been learnt following two Chinese companies withdrawing from a memorandum of understanding with the...
6. To ask the First Minister what steps the Scottish Government is taking to reduce the number of children in temporary accommodation. (S5F-00470)
7. To ask the First Minister whether optional religious observance in schools for 16 to 18-year-olds will support the values of a diverse and outward-looking Scotland. (S5F-00438)
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S5M-01935, in the name of Liz Smith, on accessible hospital transport in Scotland. The debate will be concluded without any...
1. To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body what steps it is taking to prevent illegal camps being set up on the Parliament estate. (S5O-00332)
2. To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body what assessment has been made of the drainage on the roof of the garden lobby. (S5O-00334)
3. To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body whether it will consider installing additional boiling water dispensers in the building, in light of health and safety concerns. (S5O-00333)
4. To ask the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body what it does with unsold food from eating facilities in the building. (S5O-00301)
The next item of business is a statement by Roseanna Cunningham on Scotland’s contribution to international action on climate change and the Paris agreement. The cabinet secretary will take...
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-02418, in the name of Shirley-Anne Somerville, on the Scottish Government’s consultation on a strategy for science, technology,...
There are three questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S5M-02418.1.1, in the name of Iain Gray, which seeks to amend amendment...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.