Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Wednesday, 9 November 2016
Good afternoon. The first item of business is portfolio question time. To get as many members in as possible, I would prefer short and succinct questions and answers to match. I say that more in...
1. To ask the Scottish Government when it last met the rail unions. (S5O-00302)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what support it provides to third sector organisations that seek to build a case for the reopening of rail lines and stations. (S5O-00303)
3. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will publish a timetable for the installation of superfast broadband indicating when the service will be available in each area. (S5O-00304)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to extend access to high-speed fibre broadband across the country. (S5O-00305)
5. I declare an interest as a farmer. To ask the Scottish Government what action it has taken to address the reported concerns of farmers and industry representatives regarding new rules on...
6. To ask the Scottish Government how many homes have exchange-only lines and no access to superfast broadband. (S5O-00307)
1. To ask the Scottish Government what support it will offer the new national marine centre being developed at North Berwick. (S5O-00312)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how much carbon dioxide was released as a result of Ineos importing shale gas from the United States. (S5O-00313)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to tackle the threat to woodland from invasive rhododendron. (S5O-00314)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what lessons can be learned from the central Scotland green network in relation to biodiversity. (S5O-00315)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing to ensure that Scottish Water maintains the highest standards of water quality. (S5O-00316)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what progress it has made implementing its circular economy strategy. (S5O-00317)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the Ministry of Defence in the last year regarding the environment. (S5O-00318)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to reduce carbon emissions. (S5O-00319)
The next item of business is a statement by Keith Brown on the Ministry of Defence basing reforms. The Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work will take questions at the end of his...
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-02364, in the name of Angela Constance, on working together to prevent and eradicate hate crime and prejudice.
The next item of business is consideration of business motion S5M-02411, in the name of Joe FitzPatrick, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau. Motion moved, That the Parliament agrees the...
The next item of business is consideration of two Parliamentary Bureau motions. I ask Joe FitzPatrick to move en bloc motions S5M-02272 and S5M-02276, on the approval of Scottish statutory...
The first question is, that amendment S5M-02364.2, in the name of Annie Wells, which seeks to amend motion S5M-02364, in the name of Angela Constance, on eradicating hate crime, be agreed to. Are...
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S5M-01664, in the name of Ruth Maguire, on celebrating international credit union day 2016. The debate will be concluded...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.