Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Thursday, 21 January 2016
1. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing to encourage and develop skills in computer programming. (S4O-05284)
2. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the action that it is taking to take forward the proposals of the commission on local tax reform. (S4O-05285)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to improve health in the east end of Glasgow. (S4O-05286)
4. To ask the Scottish Government how much surface water plantation forestry absorbs from surrounding watercourses and rainfall in the Highlands per annum. (S4O-05287)
5. To ask the Scottish Government when it last discussed social care with the City of Edinburgh Council. (S4O-05288)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what steps it is taking to improve prisoners’ access to education. (S4O-05289)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what recent discussions it has had regarding the homeless hostel, the Bellgrove hotel. (S4O-05290)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on the recommendations of the wildlife crime penalties review group. (S4O-05291)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements she has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-03180)
2. To ask the First Minister when she will next meet the Prime Minister. (S4F-03179)
3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-03176)
4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s position is on the Resolution Foundation report, “State of Working Scotland”. (S4F-03181)
5. To ask the First Minister, in light of the fall in oil prices, when the Scottish Government will publish an updated “Oil and Gas Analytical Bulletin” focusing on the impact on...
6. To ask the First Minister what discussions the Scottish Government has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the possible reintroduction of the post-study work visa. (S4F-03177)
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-15116, in the name of Christian Allard, on the impact on Scotland of the United Kingdom Immigration Bill. The debate...
Good afternoon. The first item of business is a debate on motion S4M-15365, in the name of Margaret Burgess, on the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Bill.
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-15380, in the name of Aileen Campbell, on celebrating the success of Scotland’s young people and youth work. Members will understand that...
The next item of business is consideration of motion S4M-15276, in the name of John Swinney, on the financial resolution for the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Bill. Motion moved, That...
The next item of business is consideration of three Parliamentary Bureau motions. I ask Joe FitzPatrick to move motions S4M-15371, S4M-15390 and S4M-15391, on committee membership and...
There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that motion S4M-15365, in the name of Margaret Burgess, on the Private Housing (Tenancies)...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.