Thursday, 5 November 2015
Good morning. The first item of business is general question time.
1. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the future use of Leuchars army station. (S4O-04748)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on enshrining the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child in Scots law. (S4O-04749)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what support it provides to young people in Glasgow Maryhill and Springburn. (S4O-04750)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what feedback it has received following its decision to increase the air discount scheme from 40 per cent to 50 per cent. (S4O-04751)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing in Central Scotland to promote responsible driving. (S4O-04752)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what contingencies are in place to address NHS staffing shortages during winter. (S4O-04753)
7. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the review of the national standards for community engagement. (S4O-04754)
8. To ask the Scottish Government, in light of the flooding incidents in the area in the last two winters, what its position is on the flood prevention measures in New Cumnock. (S4O-04755)
9. To ask the Scottish Government what is being done to address domestic abuse incidents in the north-east. (S4O-04756)
10. To ask the Scottish Government when it expects to receive the results of the national review of GP out-of-hours services. (S4O-04757)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements she has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-03031)
2. To ask the First Minister when she will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-03027)
3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-03025)
4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government's position is on how the United Kingdom Government’s latest amendments to the Scotland Bill could impact on the governance of...
5. To ask the First Minister whether the Scottish Government will provide assistance to families who lose tax credits as a result of the United Kingdom Government’s proposals. (S4F-03036)
6. To ask the First Minister at what level the Scottish rate of income tax will be set. (S4F-03034)
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-13952, in the name of James Dornan, on StepChange Debt Charity’s action plan on problem debt. The debate will be...
Good afternoon, everyone. The first item of business is a debate on motion S4M-14702, in the name of Jamie Hepburn, on the Carers (Scotland) Bill. I call Jamie Hepburn to speak to and move the...
The next item of business is consideration of motion S4M-12890, in the name of John Swinney, on the financial resolution to the Carers (Scotland) Bill. Motion moved, That the Parliament agrees to...
The next item of business is consideration of two Parliamentary Bureau motions. I ask Joe FitzPatrick to move motions S4M-14731, on committee membership, and S4M-14732, on substitution on...
There are four questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that motion S4M-14702, in the name of Jamie Hepburn, on the Carers (Scotland) Bill, be agreed to....
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.