Wednesday, 16 September 2015
Good afternoon, everyone. The first item of business this afternoon is portfolio questions. In order to get in as many members as possible, I would be grateful for short questions and answers...
1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will publish the business cases that were prepared in advance of the establishment of Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. (S4O-04578)
2. To ask the Scottish Government when the Cabinet Secretary for Justice last met the chief constable and what they discussed. (S4O-04579)
3. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the next steps in the process of the investigation into the death of Sheku Bayoh. (S4O-04580)
4. To ask the Scottish Government when it expects net financial savings from the closure of local courts. (S4O-04581)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on Police Scotland’s restructuring and centralisation of the firearms licensing function. (S4O-04582)
6. To ask the Scottish Government how much additional resource it plans to spend on the police control room and service centre in Aberdeen in the current financial year. (S4O-04583)
1. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on discussions it has had regarding the reported decline in the bee population. (S4O-04588)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what input its agriculture, food and rural communities directorate has into the work of community broadband Scotland. (S4O-04589)
3. To ask the Scottish Government how the growth of Japanese knotweed is controlled. (S4O-04590)
4. To ask the Scottish Government how it plans to address the reported concerns of NFU Scotland regarding the effect of low prices on the farming industry. (S4O-04591)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with Scotland’s Rural College regarding plans to close the Inverness veterinary laboratory since the Rural Affairs, Climate...
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-14252, in the name of John Swinney, on Scotland’s future, democracy and devolution.
The next item of business is consideration of business motion S4M-14255, in the name of Joe FitzPatrick, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, setting out a business programme. Motion moved,...
There are three questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S4M-14252.2, in the name of Claire Baker, which seeks to amend motion S4M-14252,...
The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-13357, in the name of Duncan McNeil, on the extension of the blue badge eligibility criteria. The debate will be...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.