Thursday, 26 September 2013
1. To ask the Scottish Government what its financial commitment is to the regional performance centre in Dundee and when it will open. (S4O-02432)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how preparations for the 2014 Commonwealth games are progressing. (S4O-02433)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what support it provides to universities to attract students from overseas. (S4O-02434)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on the Department of Energy and Climate Change’s consultation on providing additional support for renewables on Scotland’s...
5. To ask the Scottish Government what steps it is taking to improve child protection services. (S4O-02436)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what recent discussions ministers have had with local authorities regarding the community benefits that arise from environmental projects. (S4O-02437)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what analysis it has made of the issues faced by people under 65 with dementia. (S4O-02438)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what financial support it will provide to East Ayrshire Council to assist with the restoration of opencast mines. (S4O-02439)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-01582)
2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-01573)
3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-01584)
4. To ask the First Minister whether the Prime Minister has responded to his letter calling for a moratorium on the privatisation of the Royal Mail. (S4F-01587)
5. To ask the First Minister what action the Scottish Government is taking to improve the quality of residential care for older people. (S4F-01577)
6. To ask the First Minister what recent discussions the Scottish Government has had with providers of mobile phone services to improve coverage in rural areas. (S4F-01574)
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-07521, in the name of Richard Baker, on the safety of offshore oil and gas workers. The debate will be concluded...
Good afternoon. The first item of business is a debate on motion S4M-07808, in the name of Shona Robison, on one year to go until the Ryder cup. I ask members who wish to take part in the debate...
The next item of business is consideration of motion S4M-07799, on the variation of standing orders.
We now move to decision time. The first question is, that amendment S4M-07808.1, in the name of Patricia Ferguson, which seeks to amend motion S4M-07808, in the name of Shona Robison, on one year...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.