Thursday, 16 May 2013
Good morning. The first item of business is general question time.
1. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to combat antisocial behaviour. (S4O-02125)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to understand and deal with the increase in the number of schoolchildren with additional support needs. (S4O-02126)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what recent discussions it has had with NHS Lanarkshire regarding the unscheduled care action plan. (S4O-02127)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what improvements have been made to dental services in NHS Ayrshire and Arran since May 2007. (S4O-02129)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what the process is to appeal a historic finding of the Lands Tribunal for Scotland. (S4O-02130)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with NHS Scotland regarding the decision to cancel the Dunfermline-based Sheds Hairdressing’s contract to provide hairpieces....
9. To ask the Scottish Government what procedures are in place for funeral directors to attain and retain their accreditation. (S4O-02133)
10. To ask the Scottish Government what impact the Save the Children report, “State of the World’s Mothers 2013”, will have on its early years strategy. (S4O-02134)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-01380)
2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-01375)
3. To ask the First Minister what discussions the Scottish Government has had with Vattenfall regarding its investment in offshore wind energy projects. (S4F-01387)
4. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s position is on the use of electronic tagging of offenders as an alternative to short-term sentences. (S4F-01377)
5. To ask the First Minister what steps the Scottish Government is taking to tackle bullying in the national health service. (S4F-01388)
6. To ask the First Minister what discussions the Scottish Government is having with local authorities regarding access to Gaelic-medium schools. (S4F-01381)
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-6139, in the name of Margaret McDougall, on the university marine biological station at Millport. Motion debated, That...
Good afternoon. Members will recall that Liam McArthur submitted a question but was not here to ask it. Mr McArthur has provided a very full apology and explanation. The first item of business is...
The next item of business is consideration of two Parliamentary Bureau motions. I ask Joe FitzPatrick to move motion S4M-06600, on committee membership, and motion S4M-06599, on substitution on...
There are five questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S4M-06582.1, in the name of Rhoda Grant, which seeks to amend motion S4M-06582, in...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.