Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Thursday, 29 March 2012
Good morning. The first item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02522, in the name of Alison Johnstone, on cycling.
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02523, in the name of Patrick Harvie, on local energy companies.
1. To ask the Scottish Executive when it last met Skills Development Scotland and what issues were discussed. (S4O-00849)
2. Members have not heard enough from me today. To ask the Scottish Executive what plans it has to make changes to the planning system. (S4O-00850)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to increase the usage of local libraries and museums. (S4O-00851)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what impact the sale of BMI to International Airlines Group would have on Scottish air links, competition and consumer services. (S4O-00852)
5. To ask the Scottish Government whether it plans to change the law to ensure that new businesses, particularly those in recycling and renewables, maintain environmentally sound practices from...
6. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to tackle youth unemployment in Greenock and Inverclyde. (S4O-00854)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the Secretary of State for Scotland following the publication of the House of Commons Scottish Affairs Select Committee report,...
8. To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made in recruiting appropriately qualified teaching staff for Gaelic-medium education. (S4O-00856)
9. To ask the Scottish Government how the new national 4 qualification will be monitored to ensure consistent grading standards nationally. (S4O-00857)
10. To ask the Scottish Executive what its position is on devolving the marine estate to local authorities and harbour boards. (S4O-00858)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-00591)
2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-00589)
3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-00576)
4. To ask the First Minister what discussions the Scottish Government has had with the United Kingdom Government on alcohol pricing. (S4F-00594)
5. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s response is to recent reports of reductions in the number of college courses across the country. (S4F-00595)
6. To ask the First Minister what the Scottish Government’s position is on the recent UHY Hacker Young report on the economic performance of cities and towns. (S4F-00597)
1. To ask the Scottish Executive when the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Cities Strategy last met NHS Lothian and what issues were discussed. (S4O-00859)
2. To ask the Scottish Executive what discussions it has had with the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency regarding PIP breast implants. (S4O-00860)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made with its child poverty strategy. (S4O-00861)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the withdrawal of attendance allowance for residents in care homes in Scotland who are...
5. To ask the Scottish Government what good practice guidelines are given to national health service boards for handling medical negligence complaints. (S4O-00863)
6. To ask the Scottish Executive what structures the national health service has in place to assist people detoxing from methadone. (S4O-00864)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what its plans are for the cardiac assessment of young athletes programme. (S4O-00865)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what support it provides to veterans. (S4O-00866)
10. To ask the Scottish Executive what impact the recently announced additional funding for insulin pumps will have on Glasgow. (S4O-00868)
12. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will consider introducing the transcatheter aortic valve implantation heart valve procedure. (S4O-00870)
15. To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made with using vitamin D supplements or additives to tackle long-term health issues. (S4O-00873)
16. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on the review of the provision of maternity services in West Scotland. (S4O-00874)
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02521, in the name of Roseanna Cunningham, on the consultation on the new tribunal system in Scotland.
The next item of business is consideration of motion S4M-02533, in the name of Iain Gray, on the appointment of the Auditor General for Scotland. Members who want to take part in this very short...
There are 10 questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S4M-02522.3, in the name of Keith Brown, which seeks to amend motion S4M-02522, in...
The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-02387, in the name of Jim Hume, on the road forward for community transport. The debate will be concluded without any...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.