Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Thursday, 15 March 2012
Good morning. The first item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02338, in the name of Liam McArthur, on childcare.
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02337, in the name of Alison McInnes, on prisons.
1. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on the compulsory microchipping of dogs. (S4O-00789)
2. To ask the Scottish Executive when it will announce the preferred bidder for the northern isles ferry contract. (S4O-00790)
5. To ask the Scottish Executive how many landlords have been fined for (a) failing to register and (b) not notifying local authorities of the appointment of an agent since 31 August 2011 and...
6. To ask the Scottish Government whether local authorities are keeping to the spirit of the order that allows charging for free events held under public entertainment licences. (S4O-00794)
7. To ask the Scottish Executive how many police support staff are employed across the country. (S4O-00795)
8. To ask the Scottish Executive when it received the business case for the Union Terrace gardens project in Aberdeen and when it will decide whether to approve it. (S4O-00796)
9. To ask the Scottish Executive what action it will take following the recent Audit Scotland report on cardiology services. (S4O-00797)
10. To ask the Scottish Executive how it advertises vacancies for modern apprenticeships. (S4O-00798)
1. To ask the First Minister what engagements he has planned for the rest of the day. (S4F-00547)
2. To ask the First Minister when he will next meet the Secretary of State for Scotland. (S4F-00531)
3. To ask the First Minister what issues will be discussed at the next meeting of the Cabinet. (S4F-00541)
4. To ask the First Minister whether the Scottish Government will provide further information on its plans to improve childcare for pre-school children. (S4F-00539)
5. To ask the First Minister when the Scottish Government will announce its position on same-sex marriage. (S4F-00548)
6. To ask the First Minister what progress is being made in ensuring that the 2014 Commonwealth games are on time and on budget. (S4F-00545)
1. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is on concerns that the appeals procedure for altering council tax bands is being applied inconsistently. (S4O-00799)
2. To ask the Scottish Executive what percentage of Scotland’s electrical energy is generated through (a) nuclear, (b) coal and (c) renewables and whether its 2020 target for renewable...
5. To ask the Scottish Executive whether an industrial operation may operate outwith the permitted hours specified in its planning permission. (S4O-00803)
6. To ask the Scottish Executive what steps it is taking to increase women’s access to the jobs market. (S4O-00804)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the latest “State of the Economy” report, which reported that female unemployment is higher in Scotland than the rest of the...
8. To ask the Scottish Executive how many applications were made to the enterprise growth fund and what the assessment criteria were. (S4O-00806)
9. To ask the Scottish Government what the average council tax saving has been in Aberdeen since the council tax freeze was introduced. (S4O-00807)
10. To ask the Scottish Government what the financial impact is on its 2012-13 budget of PPP/PFI repayments. (S4O-00808)
12. To ask the Scottish Executive when Scottish Natural Heritage will publish further guidance on the “cumulative impact [of wind farms] and a range of additional guidance on siting and...
13. To ask the Scottish Government what recent discussions the Minister for Local Government and Planning has had with local government about the issue of youth employment. (S4O-00811)
14. To ask the Scottish Government what progress local authorities have made in developing new local development plans. (S4O-00812)
15. To ask the Scottish Government whether it plans to review the criteria for exemption from council tax. (S4O-00813)
16. To ask the Scottish Government what role it envisages housing associations having in tackling unemployment. (S4O-00814)
17. To ask the Scottish Government what progress is being made on the recommendations of the Commission on the Future Delivery of Public Services in relation to community planning. (S4O-00815)
18. To ask the Scottish Executive what discussions it has had with the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities on the local government settlement for 2012-13. (S4O-00816)
19. To ask the Scottish Executive what the benefits of Perth having city status would be for the local and national economy. (S4O-00817)
20. To ask the Scottish Executive what independence and control over oil revenue would mean for household income in Scotland, given the latest “Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland...
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02332, in the name of Fiona Hyslop, on the National Library of Scotland Bill.
The next item of business is a debate on motion S4M-02336, in the name of Derek Mackay, on the draft Local Government Finance (Scotland) Amendment Order 2012.
The next item of business is consideration of business motion S4M-02362, in the name of Bruce Crawford, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, setting out a revision to the business programme for...
There are seven questions to be put as a result of today’s business. The first question is, that amendment S4M-02338.2, in the name of Aileen Campbell, which seeks to amend motion...
The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S4M-01586, in the name of Mark McDonald, on changing the January pay date. The debate will be concluded without any...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.