We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

I want to write to Baroness Byford

The only result for (owen paterson "foot and mouth") speaker:Baroness Byford

Did you mean open paterson "food and south" speaker:Baroness Byford?

Rating (Former Agricultural Premises and Rural Shops) Bill (10 May 2001)

Baroness Byford: ...friend Jim Paice. That is recorded at col. 1172 of Hansard of another place of 21st May 1998. It is a great pity that it has taken three years of deep declines in farm incomes and the outbreak of foot and mouth to stir the Government into action. At this stage, I should remind the House of my family's farming interest, which is entered in the House's register of interests. We have seen the...

Create an alert

Did you find what you were looking for?

Advanced search

Find this exact word or phrase

You can also do this from the main search box by putting exact words in quotes: like "cycling" or "hutton report"

By default, we show words related to your search term, like “cycle” and “cycles” in a search for cycling. Putting the word in quotes, like "cycling", will stop this.

Excluding these words

You can also do this from the main search box by putting a minus sign before words you don’t want: like hunting -fox

We also support a bunch of boolean search modifiers, like AND and NEAR, for precise searching.

Date range


You can give a start date, an end date, or both to restrict results to a particular date range. A missing end date implies the current date, and a missing start date implies the oldest date we have in the system. Dates can be entered in any format you wish, e.g. 3rd March 2007 or 17/10/1989


Enter a name here to restrict results to contributions only by that person.


Restrict results to a particular parliament or assembly that we cover (e.g. the Scottish Parliament), or a particular type of data within an institution, such as Commons Written Answers.


If you know the actual Hansard column number of the information you are interested in (perhaps you’re looking up a paper reference), you can restrict results to that; you can also use column:123 in the main search box.