Lord Strathcarron

Conservative Peer

There are currently votes on relevant topics that are not included in the summaries below. We are working on bringing these records up to date over the next few months.

As a result of COVID-19, some MPs were less able to vote in Parliament in certain periods, and this will be reflected by absences in their voting record.

Show more detail
11th May to 2nd June 2020

All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.

2nd to 9th June 2020

The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.

10th June 2020 onwards

The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.

If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.

MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.

We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.

Recent appearances

  • Written Answers — Treasury: Car Allowances 20 Jul 2022

    To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will review the 45 pence per mile HMRC mileage rate motoring allowance in the light of current levels of inflation.
  • Women and Girls: Economic Well-being, Welfare, Safety and Opportunities - Motion to Take Note 14 Jul 2022

    My Lords, I, too, thank the noble Baroness, Lady Gale, for the opportunity to join this debate. I want to focus on the safety of women and girls part of the subject matter. I feel slightly out of place here as a man among so many women—in fact, proportionately, it reminds me of my Pilates class—but it is the implications of a biological man taking part in a biological woman’s event that...
  • Covid-19 Lockdown: Fixed Penalty Notices - Question 14 Jul 2022

    To ask Her Majesty’s Government what consideration they have given (1) to granting an amnesty to the 43 per cent of people who were issued with Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) during the COVID-19 lockdowns and who have not paid them, and (2) to refunding the remaining 57 per cent of people issued with FPNs who did pay them.

More of Lord Strathcarron’s recent appearances

RSS feed (?)

Profile

Conservative Peer

Entered the House of Lords on 18 February 2022

Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.

This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.