To ask His Majesty’s Government whether they will take action to ensure that care providers who issue out-of-country certificates of sponsorship to foreign health and care workers provide sufficient work to allow them a living wage while resident in the United Kingdom.
I thank the Minister for his Answer. Is he aware that those requirements are frequently not complied with? Is he aware that the Kenyan and Zimbabwean diasporas report certificates of sponsorship regularly being sold in those countries for many thousands of pounds to care workers who, when they arrive, are not provided with sufficient hours of work to enable them to live, leaving many...
More of Lord Oates’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 27 October 2015
Currently held offices
- Member, European Union Committee (since 29 Oct 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Agreements Committee (23 Apr 2020 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (29 Jan 2020 to 11 May 2022)
- Member, EU External Affairs Sub-Committee ( 2 Jul 2019 to 23 Apr 2020)
- Member, EU Justice Sub-Committee (26 Jan 2016 to 5 Sep 2017)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)