My Lords, yesterday, my noble friend Lord Liddle asked what is the present capacity of Rwanda to take asylum seekers. The Minister said that the Government do know that number but that he did not. Please will he tell us today what the Government know? In April 2022, when the economic transformation and integration fund was established, it was clearly part of the refugee scheme. The...
It was a lesson for us all.
Well, he might move.
More of Lord Collins of Highbury’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 24 January 2011
Currently held offices
- Member, Restoration and Renewal Programme Board Committee (since 22 Feb 2023)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Equalities and Women's Issues) (since 21 Feb 2023)
- Member, Procedure and Privileges Committee (since 22 Feb 2022)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (since 3 Nov 2021)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Lords (since 20 Oct 2021)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs and International Development) (since 2 Sep 2020)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) (since 17 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Cabinet Office) (21 Feb 2023 to 26 Oct 2023)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Equalities and Women's Issues) (15 Apr 2020 to 29 Sep 2020)
- Member, Finance Committee (Lords) ( 1 Sep 2016 to 8 Nov 2021)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (18 Sep 2015 to 2 Sep 2020)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (18 Mar 2013 to 2 Sep 2020)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) ( 6 Sep 2012 to 18 Mar 2013)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)