A selection of Lord Beecham’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011.
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Beecham’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Beecham’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps, if any, they plan to take following reports that some private care providers are charging local authorities up to £10,000 a week to look after one child in care.
To ask Her Majesty's Government why the Department for Health did not respond to a request from The Observer for a comment on the rise in demand for youth mental health services.
To ask Her Majesty's Government why the rate of statutory sick pay in the UK of £95.85 per week is lower than the average of other countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development; and when they plan they address this issue.
More of Lord Beecham’s recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 27 July 2010
Left the House of Lords on 1 September 2021
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) ( 8 Jan 2018 to 15 Apr 2020)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Housing) ( 8 Jan 2018 to 15 Apr 2020)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Housing) (18 Sep 2015 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Member, Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Bill [HL] Committee (28 Oct 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Justice) ( 6 Sep 2012 to 15 Apr 2020)
- Member, Trusts (Capital and Income) Bill [HL] Special Public Bill Committee (19 Jun 2012 to 24 Jul 2012)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)