A selection of Baroness Wheeler's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Wheeler’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Wheeler’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ensuring there are sufficient specialist staff to achieve the priority ambition for stroke care – Baroness Wheeler.
My Lords, I am moving Amendment 42 in the name of my noble friend Lady Thornton and the noble and learned Lord, Lord Wallace. The noble and learned Lord has already spoken to the amendment and covered many of the points that we need to raise. The amendment focuses on ensuring that the commitment to involve, consult and have regard to the views of the devolved Administrations, before...
My Lords, I listened carefully to the strong arguments put forward by the noble Lord, Lord Marks, on this issue, and I await the Minister’s response. We have every sympathy with the intention behind the amendment, and the noble Lord’s frustration that the House can either accept or reject a statutory instrument but cannot amend it, while parliamentarians can and often do take note of or...
More of Baroness Wheeler’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 14 July 2010
Currently held offices
- Member, Services Committee (since 6 Dec 2018)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health and Social Care) (since 4 Jun 2018)
- Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Lords) (since 31 Jan 2018)
- Opposition Senior Whip (Lords) (since 1 Apr 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) (8 Oct 2010 to 1 Apr 2014)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Wheeler’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 81.98% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Wheeler’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 116 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from