A selection of Lord Liddle's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Liddle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Liddle’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, perhaps I may make a brief intervention.
My Lords, it is not my intention to delay the House, and I apologise if that is the case. I realise that we have a heavy day of statutory instruments ahead of us. I would like to use the opportunity of this order concerning Buckinghamshire to make a parochial plea on behalf of my own native Cumbria, in which I should declare an interest as a county councillor. I am raising the issue on this...
More of Lord Liddle’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 21 June 2010
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Internal Market Sub-Committee (since 23 Jun 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (since 8 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (10 Oct 2013 to 1 Apr 2014)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (6 Sep 2012 to 1 Apr 2014)
- Member, European Union Committee (15 Nov 2010 to 17 Mar 2011)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) (13 Oct 2010 to 18 Mar 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Liddle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 68.41% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 4 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Liddle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 262 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from