A selection of Lord Sassoon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Sassoon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Sassoon’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, as the former Commercial Secretary to the Treasury, I am very pleased that the noble Lord, Lord Adonis, has initiated this debate on infrastructure today. I should note that I am currently the chairman of the China-Britain Business Council. This is the first infrastructure debate in which I have spoken from the Back Benches and I will start by congratulating my successor, my noble...
My Lords, I declare interests, as recorded in the register of interests, as a member of the committee of the Hong Kong Association, as chairman of the China-Britain Business Council and as a director of Jardine Matheson Holdings and other companies in the Jardines group. I should add that I speak today very much from a business perspective. From a business perspective, Hong Kong is in an...
More of Lord Sassoon’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 3 June 2010
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Bill [HL] Committee (5 Sep 2011 to 1 Dec 2011)
- The Commercial Secretary to the Treasury (13 Oct 2010 to 1 Jan 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Sassoon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 60.92% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 5 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Sassoon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 745 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from