A selection of Lord Freud's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 5 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Freud’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Freud’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I want to pick up on two statements made by the noble Lord, Lord Bassam, one of which I agree with and one of which I do not. The first and possibly more substantial statement is the claim that 1 million children will lose out and that the new threshold of £7,400 changes where the line is between when people have free school meals and when they do not. This figure was chosen to try...
My Lords, I add my thanks to the noble Baroness, Lady Armstrong. I want to draw the attention of the House to my entry in the register as a trustee of the Jecda Foundation. Over the last nine years, we have been steadily building an initiative to organise older volunteers to mentor children leaving care. We have called this initiative “Grandmentors”. It is intended to try to replicate the...
More of Lord Freud’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 29 June 2009
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (12 May 2015 to 21 Dec 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (17 May 2010 to 7 May 2015)
- Shadow Minister, Work and Pensions (8 Sep 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Work & Pensions (24 Jul 2009 to 8 Sep 2009)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Freud’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 79.34% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 68 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Freud’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 682 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from