Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Lord Wallace of Tankerness's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 5 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Wallace of Tankerness’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Wallace of Tankerness’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the cost to date of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse; and when they estimate that Inquiry will conclude.
My Lords, as the noble Lord, Lord Foulkes of Cumnock, has said, it is welcome that we have this opportunity to probe. In his Explanatory Statement, which appeared next to this amendment on the Marshalled List, the noble Lord said that it was “to explore whether conflict might arise as to whether it is the responsibility of Scottish Ministers or of the Secretary of State in consultation...
My Lords, I will make two preliminary points. The first echoes what has been said in many of our proceedings so far this afternoon. Perhaps not surprisingly, as a member of the Constitution Committee, I do not think that Clause 2 should be in the Bill, for all the reasons already outlined both in committee reports and by a number of your Lordships in debates on earlier groups. I have not yet...
More of Lord Wallace of Tankerness’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 13 November 2007
Currently held offices
- Member, Constitution Committee (since 12 Jun 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, House of Lords Commission (1 Sep 2016 to 12 Oct 2016)
- Member, Palace of Westminster (Joint Committee) (20 Jul 2015 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, House Committee (Lords) (17 Oct 2013 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Lords) (17 Oct 2013 to 12 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (17 Oct 2013 to 27 Oct 2016)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (17 Oct 2013 to 27 Oct 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (Lords) (17 Oct 2013 to 27 Oct 2016)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Lords (15 Oct 2013 to 7 May 2015)
- Liberal Democrat Leader in the House of Lords (1 Oct 2013 to 13 Sep 2016)
- Member, Partnerships (Prosecution) (Scotland) Bill Special Public Bill Committee (22 Jan 2013 to 13 Feb 2013)
- Lords Spokesperson (Attorney General's Office) (12 May 2010 to 7 May 2015)
- Lords Spokesperson (Wales Office) (12 May 2010 to 5 Sep 2012)
- The Advocate-General for Scotland (12 May 2010 to 7 May 2015)
- Lords Spokesperson (Scotland Office) (12 May 2010 to 7 May 2015)
- Member, Constitution Committee (9 Dec 2008 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (6 May 2008 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Committee of Selection (26 Oct 1987 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Member, Procedure Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): Accomodation & Administration Sub-Committee (16 Dec 1985 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (5 Dec 1985 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Member, House of Commons (Services) Committee (5 Dec 1985 to 15 May 1987)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from