A selection of Lord Janvrin’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, in 2011.
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 12 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Janvrin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Janvrin’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I too offer a warm welcome to our two maiden speakers in this debate this afternoon. As the debate is undoubtedly demonstrating, there are many features in this deeply controversial Bill which will merit a lot of discussion in this House, not least the pressures of the sunset clauses and the interests of devolved Administrations. In the limited time available I want as a member of...
My Lords, it is a pleasure to follow the noble Baroness, Lady Fookes, and I am glad she was not my teacher. I declare an interest as a current member of the Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee and a former member of the Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee. I too pay tribute to the staff of these two committees, who provide incredible support, week in, week out. These two...
My Lords, I strongly support the Bill. It will ensure that the constitutional business of the Government can proceed without delay when the sovereign is unavailable. I declare an interest as a former member of the late Queen’s household. The daily workload of the sovereign as Head of State contains much that is of an essentially formal legal nature, requiring, for example, a presence, a...
More of Lord Janvrin’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 18 October 2007
Currently held offices
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (since 28 Jan 2021)
- Member, SLSC Sub-Committee B (since 4 Sep 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013 Committee (13 Jun 2019 to 22 Jun 2020)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (21 Sep 2017 to 8 Oct 2019)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (14 Sep 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee ( 8 Jun 2015 to 1 Jul 2019)
- Member, Digital Skills Committee (12 Jun 2014 to 4 Feb 2015)
- Member, Soft Power Committee (16 May 2013 to 11 Mar 2014)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (18 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)