A selection of Baroness Warsi's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Warsi’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Warsi’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, is my noble friend familiar with the case of Ahed Tamimi, the teenage Palestinian girl currently in custody and subject to a trial behind closed doors? Have any representations been made by Her Majesty’s Government in relation to this detained teenager? Do they have any concerns about reports that she may be subjected to sexual violence while in detention?
My Lords, I know that my noble friend is a huge advocate of the human right of freedom of religion and belief. Can he update the House in relation to specific representations that the Foreign Office has made in the Gulf states on the rights of minorities there?
My Lords, could the noble Lord give the House some statistics relating to the number of children who have been referred under the Prevent strand of the counterterrorism strategy from schools? Could he give details of how many have been referred and how many were then followed up with further action? Could he also give details of how many were within the last 12 months and how many within the...
More of Baroness Warsi’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 15 October 2007
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sexual Violence in Conflict Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 22 Mar 2016)
- Senior Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Jointly with the Department for Communities and Local Government) (6 Sep 2012 to 5 Aug 2014)
- Senior Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Faith and Communities) (also in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (6 Sep 2012 to 5 Aug 2014)
- Minister without Portfolio (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (12 May 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Community Cohesion and Social Action), Communities and Local Government (4 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Community Cohesion), Communities and Local Government (9 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Warsi’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 54.53% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 34 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Warsi’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 434 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from