A selection of Baroness Warsi's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Warsi’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Warsi’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I fully endorse the comments of the right reverend Prelate. I believe that it is not just time for those blasphemy laws not to be operated in a harsh way, it is time for those laws to be brought to an end. There have been press reports that Asia Bibi, if granted asylum in the United Kingdom, would potentially not be safe from some communities here. I wish to give my noble friend...
My Lords, I draw the House’s attention to my interests in the register, specifically as a university pro vice-chancellor. Can my noble friend tell us whether there is any truth to stories in the media about a review which would look into funding and the fees charged by universities, specifically those universities that are likely to attract pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds? While I...
More of Baroness Warsi’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 15 October 2007
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sexual Violence in Conflict Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 22 Mar 2016)
- Senior Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Jointly with the Department for Communities and Local Government) (6 Sep 2012 to 5 Aug 2014)
- Senior Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Faith and Communities) (also in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (6 Sep 2012 to 5 Aug 2014)
- Minister without Portfolio (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (12 May 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Community Cohesion and Social Action), Communities and Local Government (4 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Community Cohesion), Communities and Local Government (9 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — above average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Warsi’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 53.70% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 31 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Warsi’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 441 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from