A selection of Baroness Warsi's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Warsi’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Warsi’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, will my noble friend explain whether the proposed changes result from cost-saving measures to ensure proper investment or a response to our obligations under a European directive?
My Lords, I congratulate the Government on the huge amount of work done on apprenticeships, especially the new progress on university apprenticeships. But is my noble friend aware of reports showing that female apprentices earn less than males, are likely to receive less training than males, and are more likely than males to be unemployed at the end of an apprenticeship? While I congratulate...
Does my noble friend pay tribute with me to the enormous amount of work that has been done by the Home Secretary in the reform of stop and search, which I agree is disproportionately used against ethnic minorities? Does he congratulate her on suspending 13 police forces which failed to use stop and search appropriately and were seen to be using it unlawfully, and can he outline to the House...
More of Baroness Warsi’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 15 October 2007
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sexual Violence in Conflict Committee (11 Jun 2015 to 22 Mar 2016)
- Senior Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Jointly with the Department for Communities and Local Government) (6 Sep 2012 to 5 Aug 2014)
- Senior Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Faith and Communities) (also in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (6 Sep 2012 to 5 Aug 2014)
- Minister without Portfolio (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Co-Chair, Conservative Party (12 May 2010 to 4 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Minister (Community Cohesion and Social Action), Communities and Local Government (4 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Community Cohesion), Communities and Local Government (9 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Warsi’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 54.97% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 43 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Warsi’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 429 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from