A selection of Lord Mawson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Mawson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Mawson’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government, in the light of the 50th anniversary of the first Apollo moon landing on 20 July 1969, what plans they have (1) to exploit space science and technology, and (2) to improve and encourage public participation in that field.
My Lords, I thank all the parties in this House for helping me to secure this important debate, particularly the noble Lord, Lord Rees, for all his advice and support. On 16 July 1969 at 8.32 am EST, the Saturn V rocket carrying the Apollo 11 astronauts, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins, at Launch Complex 39A at the Kennedy Space Center set off for the moon. I suspect that...
More of Lord Mawson’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 30 April 2007
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (17 May 2018 to 19 Mar 2019)
- Member, EU Internal Market Sub-Committee (23 Jun 2015 to 15 May 2018)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (20 Jun 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from