A selection of Lord Mawson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Mawson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Mawson’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what experience those responsible for developing the Making Tax Digital policy have of running a small business.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what research they have done into the time and costs for small and medium-sized enterprises of implementing the Making Tax Digital scheme.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of evidence that new technology saves time and money for small and medium-sized enterprises.
More of Lord Mawson’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 30 April 2007
Currently held offices
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (since 17 May 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, EU Internal Market Sub-Committee (23 Jun 2015 to 15 May 2018)
- Member, European Union Committee (8 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (20 Jun 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from