A selection of Lord Mawson’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
2 votes for, 2 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Mawson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Mawson’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank all those who have taken part in this debate and who have engaged with me as I put together these two amendments. I thank in particular the noble Lord, Lord Heseltine, who was planning to speak in this debate but the change of date last week of the last day of Report prevented this. We would have benefited a great deal this evening from his vast experience in this area. I...
My Lords, I put these two amendments, Amendments 282A and 282B, down at Report because we were unable to debate them during Committee because of the timing of the debates. To save time, I have shared with the Minister and my sponsors the detailed speech I had prepared for Committee, with its reference to real projects my colleagues and I are working on and the disconnects we are experiencing...
To ask His Majesty's Government what assessment they have made of whether Civil Service processes to measure social value are having a positive impact on the lives of poor communities; and how they ensure that previous processes which were unsuccessful are not repeated.
More of Lord Mawson’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 30 April 2007
Currently held offices
- Member, Built Environment Committee (since 31 Jan 2023)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Children and Families Act 2014 Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 21 Nov 2022)
- Member, Regenerating Seaside Towns and Communities Committee (17 May 2018 to 19 Mar 2019)
- Member, EU Internal Market Sub-Committee (23 Jun 2015 to 15 May 2018)
- Member, European Union Committee ( 8 Jun 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (12 Jun 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (17 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (20 Jun 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Committee (29 May 2012 to 28 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)