Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Lord Dear's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dear’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dear’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, it is of course understandable and quite correct that we should be very concerned about the current state of affairs in that part of the world. However, does the Minister agree, first, that in this fractured and potentially very dangerous situation, one of the few bright and positive lights shining in that area is our relationship with the state of Oman—a country I know well both...
The question is that this Motion be agreed to. I think that the Contents have it.
More of Lord Dear’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 10 October 2006
Currently held offices
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (since 3 Nov 2015)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art (25 Jan 2017 to 23 Oct 2019)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Rookery South (Resource Recovery Facility) Order 2011 Committee (25 Jun 2012 to 13 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (24 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Dear’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 13 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Dear’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 113 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from