A selection of Lord Dear's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
3 votes for, 2 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dear’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dear’s full vote analysis page for more.
The question is that this Motion be agreed to. I think that the Contents have it.
My Lords, can I move away from the sad case that we have heard about and those particular circumstances and move to a more general point on that issue? Does the Minister agree that the time has now come for a complete and urgent look at the situation? As many of us know, cannabis is currently included in Schedule 1 to the Misuse of Drugs Act as a drug with no medicinal value, yet that view...
More of Lord Dear’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 10 October 2006
Currently held offices
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 5 Mar 2018)
- Member, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art (since 25 Jan 2017)
- Member, Committee for Privileges and Conduct (Lords) (since 3 Nov 2015)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Rookery South (Resource Recovery Facility) Order 2011 Committee (25 Jun 2012 to 13 Feb 2013)
- Member, EU Sub Committee A - Economic and Financial Affairs (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, European Union Committee (24 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F - Home Affairs (13 Nov 2007 to 16 May 2012)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Dear’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 29.29% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 15 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Dear’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 112 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from