A selection of Baroness Jones of Whitchurch's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
9 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Jones of Whitchurch’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Jones of Whitchurch’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I do not intend to reopen the debate but we were not reassured by what the Minister had to say at the time. Therefore, we wish to test the opinion of the House on this matter. Ayes 179, Noes 159.
My Lords, I am grateful to the Minister. We support and agree with many of the initiatives that he has outlined. As has been said before, there are opportunities for us to participate in discussions on the Green Paper and the wider issues of internet safety. We welcome all those initiatives, but the list which the Minister gave very much puts the onus on parents, children and everyone else in...
More of Baroness Jones of Whitchurch’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 18 July 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: Director of Policy & Public Affairs, UNISON. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (17 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Culture, Media and Sport) (13 Oct 2010 to 13 Oct 2014)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) (8 Oct 2010 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G - Social Policies and Consumer Protection (24 Nov 2009 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Draft Marine Bill (Joint Committee) (13 May 2008 to 22 Jul 2008)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (21 Nov 2006 to 12 Nov 2009)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from