A selection of Lord Sheikh's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Sheikh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Sheikh’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank all noble Lords who have taken part in this debate, which I feel is timely and very important. I would also like to thank my noble friend the Minister for his excellent reply, and for the summing up that he has just concluded. I will pick up on some of the points made by noble Lords. My noble friend Lady Warsi spoke passionately about the need for a definition. I am grateful...
My Lords, I again ask my noble friend whether he has any views regarding the erection of a memorial to commemorate the work done by Muslim soldiers and labourers.
Is the Minister prepared to enter into dialogue with APPG members to discuss a definition? That would be a good start.
More of Lord Sheikh’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 27 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: Chairman of the Conservative Muslim Forum. (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communications Committee (25 May 2016 to 27 Apr 2017)
- Member, Draft Bribery Bill (Joint Committee) (11 May 2009 to 16 Jul 2009)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Sheikh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 61.72% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 14 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Sheikh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 168 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from