A selection of Baroness Verma's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 12 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Verma’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Verma’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to help men who seek support in addressing their abusive behaviour.
My Lords, I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to debate the report of the External Affairs and Internal Market Sub-Committees of the EU Select Committee. It is a great pleasure to follow the speech of the noble Lord, Lord Whitty. We have worked very closely with him and his sub-committee on this joint inquiry. He has laid out with great eloquence a number of key areas that have been...
More of Baroness Verma’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 22 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: Founder, Domiciliary Care Services UK Ltd. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Chair, EU External Affairs Sub-Committee (since 13 Sep 2016)
- Member, European Union Committee (since 13 Sep 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for International Development (12 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (6 Sep 2012 to 7 May 2015)
- Lords Spokesperson (Department of Business, Innovation and Skills) (5 Sep 2011 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Lords Spokesperson (Home Office) (Equalities and Women's Issues) (13 Oct 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Lords Spokesperson (Department for International Development) (11 May 2010 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Baroness in Waiting (HM Household) (Whip) (11 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- - Shadow Minister (Also Shadow Minister for Children, Schools and Families), Shadow Minister (8 Sep 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- - Shadow Minister (Also Shadow Minister for Children, Schools & Families), Shadow Minister (27 Jul 2009 to 8 Sep 2009)
- - Shadow Minister (Also Shadow Minister for Universities and Skills), Shadow Minister (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Universities and Skills (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Children, Schools and Families (19 Jan 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Innovation, Universities and Skills (9 Jul 2007 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Health (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Education (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Verma’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Has voted in 76.94% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — above average amongst Lords.
- 19 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Verma’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 414 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from