A selection of Baroness Quin's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Quin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Quin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Leaking of confidential messages from Sir Kim Darroch and their subsequent publication – Baroness Quin.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what consideration, if any, they have given to introducing legislation to require wet wipes and similar products to list the proportion of plastics in their composition.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what recent consideration they have given to making it a requirement that all new homes be fitted with solar panels.
More of Baroness Quin’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 13 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: Former Member of Parliament for Gateshead East and Washington West; former Minister of State: Home Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Communications Committee (since 25 May 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (11 Nov 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (12 Jun 2014 to 11 Nov 2014)
- Member, European Union Committee (18 Dec 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (21 May 2013 to 12 Jun 2014)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 17 Oct 2011)
- Member, Constitution Committee (19 Feb 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (19 Jun 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Intelligence and Security Committee of Parliament (30 Jul 2001 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food) (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (28 Jul 1998 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (6 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Sub-Committee (1 Feb 1989 to 20 Mar 1989)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 20 Mar 1989)
- Member, Treasury & Civil Service Sub-Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 8 Nov 1995)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from