There are currently votes on relevant topics that are not included in the summaries below. We are working on bringing these records up to date over the next few months.
As a result of COVID-19, some MPs were less able to vote in Parliament in certain periods, and this will be reflected by absences in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
A selection of Lord Lee of Trafford’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
9 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Lee of Trafford’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Lee of Trafford’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the non-disclosure of the details of a meeting between Lord Brownlow of Shurlock Row and Oliver Dowden on the grounds that releasing the information would not be in the public interest, what are the criteria for deciding whether or not something meets the public interest test; who is responsible for that decision; and who took the decision not to...
How is the financial education of young people helped by prohibiting grand- parents taking out junior ISAs for their grandchildren?
To ask Her Majesty's Government, following the reduction in VAT on solar batteries, what plans they have to rectify the current shortage of such batteries.
More of Lord Lee of Trafford’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 12 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: Non-Executive Director, Emerson Developments (Holding) Ltd and James R Knowles plc and former Member of Parliament. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (Lords) (since 28 Jan 2021)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Bill Sub-Committee (4 Sep 2018 to 4 Nov 2019)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (1 Feb 2010 to 6 May 2010)
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport (4 Feb 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson for Defence, Spokesperson for Culture, Media and Sport (8 Jan 2009 to 4 Feb 2009)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (15 Nov 2007 to 20 Jun 2012)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Defence (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Whip (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2007)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Tourism), Culture, Media & Sport (10 Jan 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Trade & Industry (10 Jan 2007 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market (21 Nov 2006 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Defence Committee (26 Oct 1990 to 16 Mar 1992)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Employment) (10 Sep 1986 to 26 Jul 1989)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Procurement) (18 Oct 1983 to 9 Sep 1986)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)