A selection of Lord Marland's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 8 votes against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Marland’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Marland’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I start by declaring my interest as chairman of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council and my business activities as in the register. I too compliment the committee and my noble friend Lady Verma on this report: it is a concise observation on the current trading of goods with the European Union. The report suggests that the EU has finally been able to land, after the...
My Lords, I declare an interest as chairman of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council. Is not one of the best ways of engaging parliamentarians up to CHOGM to boost the current Prime Minister’s trade envoys network, which is cross-parliamentary and has been very successful? Would not my noble friend the Minister agree that a dedicated Commonwealth trade envoy should be...
More of Lord Marland’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 12 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: former Director, Jardine Lloyd Thompson plc. (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (6 Sep 2012 to 9 Jan 2013)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (24 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Marland’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 42.00% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 15 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Marland’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 154 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from