A selection of Lord Burnett's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Burnett’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Burnett’s full vote analysis page for more.
Future of the Royal Marines – Lord Burnett.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what payments were made from the Department for International Development (DfID) to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in (1) 2014–15, (2) 2015–16, and (3) 2016–17, to reimburse the MoD for any costs incurred when fulfilling any DfID-related tasks or roles, or any other humanitarian operations.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether any recent reductions in the total number of personnel employed by (1) the Royal Navy, (2) the Army, and (3) the Royal Air Force, have been matched by a corresponding reduction in Government funding provided to that service; and if so, whether any such funding has been reallocated to another branch of the Armed Forces.
More of Lord Burnett’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords on 6 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: former Member of Parliament for Torridge and West Devon. (from Number 10 press release)
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Planning), Department for Communities and Local Government (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (21 Nov 2006 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jul 2004 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (26 Feb 2002 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (12 Dec 2001 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (11 Jul 2001 to 11 Oct 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jan 1997 to 1 Jul 2004)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Burnett’s speeches
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — above average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 55.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — above average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Burnett’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from