A selection of Lord Taylor of Holbeach's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 12 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Taylor of Holbeach’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Taylor of Holbeach’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I think it best if we adjourn during pleasure until 5.15 pm, to enable the Chamber to be adjusted for the ceremony that now follows. Sitting suspended.
My Lords, on Monday I advised the House that, subject to the progress of business, we hoped to prorogue once today’s business was completed. The timing of Prorogation today will depend on the time that this House will take to complete its business, which is of course in the hands of the House itself. We will adjourn during pleasure after we have considered the Motion in the name of the...
My Lords, I wish to make a short Statement on this week’s business, which I hope will be of convenience to the House. It will not have escaped noble Lords’ attention that there were several developments last week. On Tuesday morning, my right honourable friend the Prime Minister announced her intention to invite the House of Commons to agree to an early Dissolution of Parliament...
More of Lord Taylor of Holbeach’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 5 June 2006
Positions held at time of appointment: Director of Taylor's Bulbs of Spalding. (from Number 10 press release)
Currently held offices
- Member, Services Committee (since 1 Sep 2016)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Leave of Absence (since 10 Jun 2015)
- Member, Privileges and Conduct, Committee for (Lords) (since 14 Oct 2014)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (since 14 Oct 2014)
- Member, Selection, Committee of (Lords) (since 14 Oct 2014)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 14 Oct 2014)
- Member, Accommodation Steering Group Committee (since 6 Aug 2014)
- Captain of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen-at-Arms (HM Household) (Chief Whip, House of Lords) (since 6 Aug 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (14 Oct 2014 to 31 Aug 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (6 Sep 2012 to 6 Aug 2014)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (16 Sep 2011 to 6 Sep 2012)
- - Shadow Minister (Also Shadow Minister for Work and Pensions), Shadow Minister (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Work & Pensions (19 Jan 2009 to 24 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (9 Jul 2007 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food & Rural Affairs), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Deputy Chief Whip, Whips (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Minister, Wales (11 Jan 2007 to 6 Jul 2007)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from