A selection of Baroness Nicol's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Has never voted on more EU integration
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
We have lots more plain English analysis of Baroness Nicol’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Baroness Nicol’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I hardly dare admit it, but I, too, am a vice-president of the Council for National Parks. Can my noble friend offer any assurance that during the forthcoming Comprehensive Spending Review, the many benefits that the national parks offer will be recognised and will be adequately resourced?
My Lords, does the ICRC have a policy on the publication of its reports to governments, and if so, what is that policy?
asked Her Majesty's Government: What plans they have to change the way they handle project licence applications under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
More of Baroness Nicol’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1983
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (31 Mar 2006 to 8 Oct 2007)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (4 Dec 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Committee On Animals In Scientific Procedures (28 Jun 2001 to 16 Jul 2002)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (5 Jun 1997 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (23 Nov 1993 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (1 Apr 1990 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (30 Nov 1989 to 5 Nov 1993)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (9 Mar 1989 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (6 Dec 1988 to 3 Nov 1994)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (19 Nov 1988 to 1 Nov 1990)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (30 Jul 1987 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (6 Jul 1987 to 1 Nov 1990)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (21 Nov 1985 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, European Union Committee (19 Nov 1985 to 1 Nov 1990)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (6 Nov 1985 to 7 Nov 1986)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee G (6 Nov 1985 to 6 Nov 1986)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Baroness Nicol’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 23.20% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 0 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Baroness Nicol’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 8 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from