A selection of Lord Puttnam's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Puttnam’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Puttnam’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I had no intention of entering this debate other than to support the amendment. However, I must make a point to the noble Lord, Lord Hodgson, because he raised it. What we heard from him is all too familiar. When my mother’s family came to this country 120 years ago as Jewish immigrants from Russia, exactly the same charges were being made about a flood of Jewish immigrants...
I thank the Minister for giving way. I have been waiting for a voice to appear during this debate—and it has not. That is the voice of the people of the Republic of Ireland. I live there and would like to get across to your Lordships the incalculable level of anxiety that has been caused to the people of the Republic of Ireland by our apparent indifference about what happens, for example,...
I do not think it is people claiming Irish roots; they are adhering to Irish roots. The Minister might be well advised to read today’s Washington Post, which is very informative on this subject. He will find it more than interesting.
More of Lord Puttnam’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Chair, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (25 Jan 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jan 2007 to 25 Jan 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (7 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Communications Bill (Joint Committee) (29 Apr 2002 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Puttnam’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 30.98% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 14 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Puttnam’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 185 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from