A selection of Lord Puttnam's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Puttnam’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Puttnam’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, have the Government made an economic analysis of any kind regarding the potential damage to the UK’s creative industries that would be likely to result from a soft or a hard Brexit? This is no small thing, as it leaves many thousands of jobs at risk and a commensurate degree of enormous anxiety.
My Lords, I, too, thank the noble Lord, Lord Harris, for making this debate possible. It is timely and it certainly is important. Almost 49 years ago, I travelled to Heidelberg to meet Albert Speer, Hitler’s former architect and Armaments Minister, who had recently been released after 21 years in Spandau prison. I had audaciously put in a bid to buy the film rights to his then best-selling...
My Lords, I too am extremely grateful to the Chief Whip for allowing time for what is already proving to be a worthwhile and timely debate, and to the Minister for introducing it in such a positive manner. I entirely sympathise with the Government’s instinct to focus on the most obvious forms of online harm, such as child sexual exploitation and abuse, the promotion of terrorism and threats...
More of Lord Puttnam’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Chair, Democracy and Digital Technologies Committee (since 13 Jun 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Chair, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (25 Jan 2007 to 3 Aug 2007)
- Member, Draft Climate Change Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jan 2007 to 25 Jan 2007)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (7 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Draft Communications Bill (Joint Committee) (29 Apr 2002 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — average amongst Lords. See all Lord Puttnam’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 31.41% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 13 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Puttnam’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 186 times in debates — above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from