A selection of Lord Prior’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Voted against more EU integration Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 13 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, in 2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Prior’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Prior’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I am a very diffident speaker, and I am very rarely able to attend your Lordships' House, but on this issue one should stand up and be counted, and I wish to be counted as a supporter of the noble Lord, Lord Joffe. I admire enormously the courage that he has shown in introducing this highly controversial and difficult Bill. For me, it is not a moral issue, because already we know...
More of Lord Prior’s recent appearances
Former Conservative Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1987
Left the House of Lords on 12 December 2016
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I ( 3 Dec 2003 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (14 Sep 1981 to 10 Sep 1984)
- Secretary of State for Employment ( 5 May 1979 to 13 Sep 1981)
- Shadow Secretary of State ( 1 Mar 1974 to 3 May 1979)
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House Lords (Privy Council Office) ( 5 Nov 1972 to 4 Mar 1974)
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party ( 1 Jul 1972 to 1 Mar 1974)
- Secretary of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (20 Jun 1970 to 4 Nov 1972)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party ( 1 Jan 1965 to 1 Jul 1965)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.