My Lords, I am a very diffident speaker, and I am very rarely able to attend your Lordships' House, but on this issue one should stand up and be counted, and I wish to be counted as a supporter of the noble Lord, Lord Joffe. I admire enormously the courage that he has shown in introducing this highly controversial and difficult Bill. For me, it is not a moral issue, because already we know...
More of Lord Prior’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1987
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (3 Dec 2003 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (19 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (14 Sep 1981 to 10 Sep 1984)
- Secretary of State for Employment (5 May 1979 to 13 Sep 1981)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Mar 1974 to 3 May 1979)
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House Lords (Privy Council Office) (5 Nov 1972 to 4 Mar 1974)
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 1972 to 1 Mar 1974)
- Secretary of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (20 Jun 1970 to 4 Nov 1972)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jan 1965 to 1 Jul 1965)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Prior’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 8.50% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 7 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Prior’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 9 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from