A selection of Lord Carlile of Berriew's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
2 votes for, 3 votes against, 10 absences, between 2008–2011
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Carlile of Berriew’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Carlile of Berriew’s full vote analysis page for more.
May I make an effort to help out the noble Baroness? There was a time in my professional life when I used to be instructed by duty solicitors at London Heathrow Airport and London Gatwick Airport. The fact is that the duty solicitors at ports of entry are accustomed to dealing with all kinds of issues that arise there. Indeed, the quality of work that emanates from being a duty solicitor in...
My Lords, with great respect to my noble friend, and indeed to my noble and learned friend on my right, I wonder why one needs to say something twice in the same statute.
The noble Lord has read out only part of the grounds for arrest. There has to be a necessity for arrest. If he is going to read out the arrest conditions to your Lordships’ House, he should read them all, because necessity is essential.
More of Lord Carlile of Berriew’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee (9 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2012)
- Spokesperson for Health (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Mental Health and Disability), Health (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Committee on the Assisted Dying for the terminally ill Bill (30 Nov 2004 to 7 Apr 2005)
- Chair, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (15 Sep 2004 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Draft Mental Health Bill (Joint Committee) (22 Jul 2004 to 15 Sep 2004)
- Shadow Minister, Welsh Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (16 Jun 1986 to 15 May 1987)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (9 Jun 1983 to 21 Nov 1986)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (9 Jun 1983 to 21 Nov 1986)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from