A selection of Lord Dixon-Smith’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011.
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 13 votes against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dixon-Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dixon-Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government how much energy is released into the atmosphere in the form of waste heat by the UK's electricity generating industry annually.
My Lords, it is a privilege to follow the right reverend Prelate, because he reminds us, as we should not need reminding, that this industry is wholly about serving individual people. We of course are an unrepresentative bunch here, but the effects of the decisions that we can influence can be very profound for people across the whole country. I wish this evening to talk about something that...
I am used to the Chancellor of the Exchequer making annual Budgets and I have been involved in politics indirectly and directly for a very long time. If the Chancellor of the Exchequer is forced to, shall we say, amend interim budgets, it seems to me that sticking our feet in the ground over an energy budget is not exactly wise.
More of Lord Dixon-Smith’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1993
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (16 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communications and Digital Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 1 May 2011)
- Shadow Minister, Communities and Local Government (9 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister (the Environment), Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Spokespersons In the Lords, Environment and Transport (22 Feb 2005 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
- Member, Science and Technology: Sub-Committee I (28 Oct 1996 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (22 Nov 1994 to 19 Nov 1998)
- Member, Select Committee on Science and Technology Sub-Committee 2 (22 Nov 1994 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee C (22 Nov 1994 to 17 Oct 1996)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)