A selection of Lord Dholakia's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
7 votes for, 5 votes against, 3 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Dholakia’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Dholakia’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I commend the noble Lord, Lord Ramsbotham, on drawing attention to the issue of arrangements for the management and treatment of offenders. This issue has been dominated in recent years by the transforming rehabilitation changes, which were introduced in 2014 and 2015. The stated aims of transforming rehabilitation were in many ways admirable. They included making the best use of...
My Lords, my noble friend Lord Newby, the leader of the Liberal Democrats, is in Australia. In his absence, I am delighted to associate my party with the tributes paid to the noble and learned Lord, Lord Hope of Craighead. As the Convenor of the Cross-Bench Peers, the noble and learned Lord has provided distinguished service to the work of your Lordships’ House. He brought his independent...
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many 10 and 11 year olds received a youth caution or criminal conviction in each of the past five years; and what proportion of those children were in care at the time of the caution or criminal conviction.
More of Lord Dholakia’s recent appearances
Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, EU Justice Sub-Committee (since 15 Jan 2019)
- Co-Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrat Peers (since 1 Oct 2017)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (since 19 Jan 2009)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (14 May 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Deputy Leader in the House of Lords, Spokesperson for Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Communities), Department for Communities and Local Government (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Home Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 27 Jul 2007)
- Deputy Leader, House of Lords (15 Nov 2004 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Minister, Home Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Party Chair, Liberal Democrats (1 Jan 2001 to 31 Dec 2004)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (6 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee F (12 Jan 1998 to 30 Nov 2000)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from