A selection of Lord Smith of Clifton’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 3 votes against, 6 absences, between 2008–2011.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Smith of Clifton’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Smith of Clifton’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government how much of the adult education budget in England was spent on access to higher education courses for 19–24 year olds in 2015–16.
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many students aged 19–24 were on access to higher education courses funded via the adult education budget in England in 2015–16.
To ask Her Majesty's Government how many 19–24 year olds on first full Level 3 Further Education programmes were studying (1) full-time, and (2) part-time, in England in 2016–17.
More of Lord Smith of Clifton’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Left the House of Lords on 31 January 2019
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) ( 9 Jun 2010 to 22 Jun 2010)
- Spokesperson for Constitutional Affairs, Spokesperson for Northern Ireland ( 8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Barnett Formula Committee (10 Dec 2008 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Northern Ireland), Scottish and Northern Ireland Affairs ( 6 Mar 2008 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Ministry of Justice (27 Jul 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Northern Ireland Affairs ( 5 Jul 2007 to 6 Mar 2008)
- Member, Sub-Committee on Lords' Conduct (31 Mar 2006 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Spokesperson in the Lords, Northern Ireland Affairs (22 Feb 2005 to 4 Jul 2007)
- Member, Constitution Committee ( 1 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Shadow Minister, Northern Ireland Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 22 Feb 2005)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) ( 4 Dec 2003 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Committee On Animals In Scientific Procedures (28 Jun 2001 to 16 Jul 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (12 Dec 2000 to 11 May 2001)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.