A selection of Lord Donoughue's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 8 absences, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Donoughue’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Donoughue’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I commend the noble Lord, Lord Lee, for his persistent, impressive work in defending investors’ interests. I declare a historic interest as a one-time partner in a City of London stockbroking firm. Further to the Minister’s reply, will he and the Government reconsider whether they should amend the special administration rules to stop administrators taking their inflated...
My Lords, I apologise for having arrived unavoidably about two minutes late, so I missed the profound opening statement from the noble Baroness. We are discussing two very important subjects here: climate change and global health. But after listening to what has already been said, and having read much elsewhere, it seems to me that the relationship between those two is not always as clear as...
As I read it, the temperature has risen by one degree. Did I say 1%? I should have said one degree.
More of Lord Donoughue’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1985
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Gambling Bill (Joint Committee) (9 Sep 2003 to 22 Jul 2004)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Farming and Food Industry), Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1999)
- Member, Works of Art Committee (Lords) (28 Nov 1995 to 19 Nov 1998)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Donoughue’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 46.73% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 11 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Donoughue’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from