A selection of Lord Brett's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Brett’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Brett’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what were the annual costs of the Cumbria Police Authority for 2008, 2009 and 2010. To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the forecast cost of the Cumbria Police Authority for 2011.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what they forecast the cost of the police and crime commissioner for Cumbria to be in the first year of operation.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what they forecast the cost to be of the election of a police and crime commissioner for Cumbria in 2012.
More of Lord Brett’s recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1999
Left the House of Lords on 29 March 2012 — Died
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Spokesperson (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (8 Oct 2010 to 5 Sep 2011)
- Shadow Spokesperson (International Development) (8 Oct 2010 to 29 Mar 2012)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Home Office (10 Aug 2009 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Identity) (also Lord in Waiting) (6 Aug 2009 to 9 Nov 2009)
- Government Whip (6 Oct 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Government Whip (5 Oct 2008 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (5 Jun 2008 to 5 Oct 2008)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Brett’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 46.76% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- 8 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 333 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from