A selection of the Earl of Sandwich’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 11 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of the Earl of Sandwich’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit the Earl of Sandwich’s full vote analysis page for more.
Can the Minister confirm that as much as 17,000 metric tonnes were looted from WFP warehouses in Khartoum in the early stages of the crisis? The WFP itself is 15% funded for its work not just in Sudan but in South Sudan, including with those returning every day. How are the Government sustaining the World Food Programme at this critical time?
My Lords, the Minister has given us an impressive list of programmes for women and girls and emphasised the human rights, which is correct, but no mention was made of men. Presumably men are the target of family planning programmes as well. Do the Government have any method of monitoring what they are doing to involve men in these family planning events?
To ask His Majesty's Government how they plan to develop a new conflict strategy and give further support to the UNITAMS peace-building unit in Sudan.
More of The Earl of Sandwich’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1995
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Agreements Committee (23 Apr 2020 to 31 Jan 2023)
- Member, EU External Affairs Sub-Committee (2 Jul 2019 to 23 Apr 2020)
- Member, EU Sub Committee C - External Affairs (21 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub Committee E - Justice, Institutions and Consumer Protection (17 May 2012 to 21 May 2013)
- Member, European Union Committee (22 Jun 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E - Justice and Institutions (24 Nov 2009 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Constitution Committee (8 Jun 2005 to 8 Apr 2006)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2002 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (26 Jun 2001 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1999 to 18 Nov 2004)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)