A selection of Lord St John of Bletso’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 9 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 7 absences, in 2011.
Voted for university tuition fees Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord St John of Bletso’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord St John of Bletso’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, it is patently clear from all the international reports that these elections were not free and fair, but CCC still managed to secure at least one-third of the parliamentary seats. What measures can His Majesty’s Government take, as well as our international partners, to call for an all-party conference in Zimbabwe to try to reach an inclusive compromise road map for the economic...
My Lords, I join in thanking my noble friend Lord Ravensdale for introducing this topical and very important debate. I was fortunate to be a member of the Lords Select Committee, together with the right reverend Prelate the Bishop of Oxford as well as the noble Lord, Lord Holmes of Richmond, ably chaired by the noble Lord, Lord Clement-Jones, some six years ago. We did a deep dive into the...
My Lords, ahead of the general election in Zimbabwe on 23 August this year, what assurances have His Majesty’s Government been given on international election observers for this election and an updated election register?
More of Lord St John of Bletso’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1978
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Registration of Overseas Entities Bill (Joint) Committee (25 Feb 2019 to 18 Jul 2019)
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee (29 Jun 2017 to 13 Mar 2018)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) ( 8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, Communications and Digital Committee (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (11 Dec 2008 to 15 May 2013)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport ( 8 Dec 2003 to 30 Oct 2007)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee ( 5 Jun 1997 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (28 Oct 1996 to 20 Nov 2003)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)