A selection of Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s full vote analysis page for more.
The noble Lord mentioned the carer’s Act. Does he recognise that we have millions of workers in this country who are paid nothing at all? It is high time we started paying more attention to carers and giving them support. Looking to the future, is one way we could do this not to have a universal wage rather than a minimum wage? In due course, as AI spreads, there will be less requirement...
My Lords, there are avenues that the Government are not exploring. We have an increasing amount of retail accommodation which is now empty and an increasing amount of office space in many cities which is not being utilised. What is the Government’s policy around trying to put that to good social purpose? Why are they not thinking about trying to create public-private partnerships to use...
To ask His Majesty’s Government whether they plan to review the regulations relating to standards for food in schools, and in particular whether they plan to reduce the amount of added sugar they allow.
More of Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Licensing Act 2003 Committee (25 May 2016 to 4 Apr 2017)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) ( 8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (17 Jan 2008 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) ( 7 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (19 Jun 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, European Union Committee ( 6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)