A selection of Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
12 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s full vote analysis page for more.
Assessing the regulation and general effectiveness of methadone – Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe.
My Lords, I congratulate the Government and welcome their initiative on the NHS. I assure them that, if they have the chance to put this in place, some of us on this side will ensure that it is well scrutinised and applied. I also welcome the long-awaited Domestic Abuse Bill. I hope that both Houses can come together to find the best way to ensure that this scourge is brought to an end. I...
Is it not the Government’s responsibility to ensure that anybody going on a flight should know what damage is being done to the environment as a consequence of that flight? Is it not time that each individual should have on their ticket or in the email sent to them the amount of carbon that they will be using on that flight? Is it not right that we should have an international scheme...
More of Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Licensing Act 2003 Committee (25 May 2016 to 4 Apr 2017)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (8 Jun 2015 to 31 Aug 2016)
- Member, EU Sub Committee B - Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment (17 May 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B - Internal Market, Energy and Transport (22 Jun 2010 to 16 May 2012)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (17 Jan 2008 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D - Environment and Agriculture (13 Nov 2007 to 8 Apr 2010)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (7 Dec 2004 to 26 Nov 2008)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (11 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (19 Jun 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, European Union Committee (6 Dec 1999 to 7 Nov 2002)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee B (24 Nov 1998 to 7 Nov 2002)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from