A selection of Lord Brougham and Vaux's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 12 votes against, 2 absences, between 2008–2011
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Brougham and Vaux’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Brougham and Vaux’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, before I put the Question, on behalf of the Lord Speaker and all the Deputies, we too would like to wish everybody in the Palace of Westminster a very happy Christmas. House adjourned at 5.54 pm.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to Written Answer by Earl Howe on 23 October [HL10938], when they plan to start the refurbishment of Wellington Barracks.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what plans they have to refurbish Wellington Barracks.
More of Lord Brougham and Vaux’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1967
Currently held offices
- Deputy Speaker (Lords) (since 29 Nov 2010)
- Deputy Chairman of Committees (since 2 Jun 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Private Bills Select Committee (L) (11 Oct 2011 to 31 Oct 2011)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (25 Nov 2009 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Refreshment Committee (Lords) (15 Nov 2007 to 20 Jun 2012)
- Member, Information Committee (Lords) (4 Dec 2003 to 30 Nov 2007)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Dec 2000 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Standing Orders (Private Bills) Committee (Lords) (6 Dec 1999 to 18 Nov 2004)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (31 Oct 1996 to 11 Nov 1999)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (29 Nov 1995 to 30 Nov 2000)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee (28 Nov 1995 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (27 Nov 1995 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee (3 Dec 1990 to 22 Oct 1991)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from