A selection of Lord Peston’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on university tuition fees Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2010.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, in 2011.
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2008–2011.
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2010.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Peston’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Peston’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I thank my noble friend for his Question, with which I know for a fact that my noble friend Lord Barnett was in total agreement. I also thank the Minister for his kind remarks, because he might be forgiven for thinking that one of Lord Barnett’s missions in life was to make his life a total misery. Lord Barnett will be remembered for his formula, but those of us in this House will...
I congratulate my noble friend for raising this Question, but I am sorry to say that I disagree with him. Changing the name of the Bank of England would be economically very damaging to our country. Is the Minister aware that there is a lesson to be drawn from this? It is mainly that making constitutional changes on the hoof is not the right way to do this sort of thing. The next time he sees...
My Lords, on behalf of my noble friend Lord Barnett, and at his request, I beg leave to ask the Question standing in his name on the Order Paper.
More of Lord Peston’s recent appearances
Former Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1987
Left the House of Lords on 23 April 2016
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Lords) (16 May 2013 to 23 Apr 2016)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (14 May 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Constitution Committee ( 8 Jun 2005 to 12 Nov 2009)
- Member, Joint Committee on Security (24 May 2005 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, BBC Charter Review Committee (24 May 2005 to 8 Nov 2006)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (28 Jun 2001 to 18 Apr 2004)
- Member, Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England ( 7 Dec 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Finance and Staff Sub Committee (20 May 1992 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Adminstration Sub Committee (20 May 1992 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, Refreshment Sub Committee (20 May 1992 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, House of Lords Offices Committee ( 6 Dec 1988 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, European Union Committee (29 Nov 1988 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee A (29 Nov 1988 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D (30 Jul 1987 to 15 Nov 1988)
- Member, Library and Computers Sub Committee ( 6 Jul 1987 to 17 Mar 1992)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.