A selection of Lord Phillips of Sudbury's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted for more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 14 absences, between 2006–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Phillips of Sudbury’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Phillips of Sudbury’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, I saw out of my window a car being broken into. I dialled 999 and was answered by a lady from Bombay. Those doing the break-in took their time but the police arrived two days later. What does this incident say about the Question asked?
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will establish a Royal Commission to investigate threats to community life in the United Kingdom and their effects; and to recommend counter-measures.
My Lords, I thank the Minister for her reply, but if I may say so the Answer was extremely complacent. Most of the indicia of a vibrant society and community life are giving rather the opposite impression. I think of things such as loneliness, a lack of civic engagement and an increasing individualisation of life. Therefore, are we not overdue in looking at admittedly elusive and complex...
More of Lord Phillips of Sudbury’s recent appearances
Former Liberal Democrat Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1998
Left the House of Lords on 7 May 2015 — retired
Other offices held in the past
- Spokesperson in the Lords (Id Cards & Charities Bill), Home Affairs (1 Jun 2005 to 10 Jan 2007)
- Member, Administration and Works Committee (Lords) (26 Jun 2001 to 20 Nov 2003)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (27 May 1999 to 8 Nov 2006)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Lords. See all Lord Phillips of Sudbury’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 43.62% of votes in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 11 people are tracking this peer
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 899 times in debates — well above average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from