A selection of Lord Levene of Portsoken's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Has never voted on more EU integration
Has never voted on university tuition fees
Has never voted on raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year
Has never voted on fewer MPs in the House of Commons
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Levene of Portsoken’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Levene of Portsoken’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, it is a great pleasure to follow the noble Baroness, Lady Dean, whose wise words on defence are always worth paying attention to. I thank her for her chairmanship of the group to which she referred, from which we all benefit. I also pay compliments to the noble Lord, Lord Touhig, for the efforts that he always makes to promote the importance of defence in Wales. He does a great job...
My Lords, I declare my interest as chairman of General Dynamics UK. Many years ago now, I was given the task of unscrambling the defence industrial policy, which was centred on so-called national champions. This policy resulted in significant cost overruns and delay in delivery of equipment badly needed by our Armed Forces. Will the Minister please confirm that the Government have no...
More of Lord Levene of Portsoken’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords in 1997
Currently held offices
- Member, Artificial Intelligence Committee (since 29 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2015 to 12 May 2016)
- Member, Personal Service Companies Committee (12 Nov 2013 to 31 Mar 2014)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (24 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Economic Affairs Committee (15 Dec 2008 to 15 May 2013)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — below average amongst Lords. See all Lord Levene of Portsoken’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — average amongst Lords.
- Has voted in 1.00% of vote in this House with this affiliation up to the 2015 general election — well below average amongst Lords. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this Lord’s speeches — average amongst Lords.
- 3 people are tracking this peer — email me updates on Lord Levene of Portsoken’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 11 times in debates — well below average amongst Lords. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from