A selection of Lord Grantchester’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011.
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011.
Absences for this policy may be affected COVID-19 restrictions.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 1 vote against, 4 absences, between 2008–2011.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Grantchester’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Grantchester’s full vote analysis page for more.
My Lords, there are considerable problems with capacity issues within local circuits in the distribution network from the transmission lines, especially in rural areas. There are reported delays even to the 132-kilovolt networks, as renewable schemes are being held in the queue to be connected until 2037. How can that help to decarbonise the power sector by 2035? I declare an interest as...
I begin by joining others in welcoming the Secretary of State to his new position and congratulating him on his maiden speech. His standing can only enhance the reputation of your Lordships’ House. This trade agreement is one of the residues left from the Department for International Trade, now disbanded and currently within the Department for Business and Trade. The department could well...
My Lords, it is an unfortunate feature of Conservative Governments that they constantly churn grant schemes—
More of Lord Grantchester’s recent appearances
Entered the House of Lords on 4 November 2003
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment and Climate Change Committee (since 19 Jan 2022)
- Member, Hybrid Instruments Committee (Lords) (since 6 Dec 2004)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Land Use in England Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 28 Nov 2022)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (14 Jul 2016 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Energy and Climate Change) (18 Sep 2015 to 19 Jan 2022)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) ( 1 Jul 2014 to 17 May 2021)
- Opposition Whip (Lords) ( 8 Oct 2010 to 17 May 2021)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee D ( 3 Jun 1997 to 11 Nov 1999)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)