A selection of Lord Stoddart of Swindon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
1 vote for, 13 votes against, 1 absence, between 2008–2011
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2010
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty's Government what would be the net cost to (1) central government, and (2) local authorities, of providing an additional 20,000 police officers in the UK.
To ask Her Majesty's Government whether overhead lighting on the M4 motorway will be replaced following the M4's conversion to a smart motorway between junctions 3 and 8/9; and whether that lighting will be extended to junction 12.
To ask Her Majesty's Government, further to the Written Statement by Lord Bates on 19 January (HLWS1308) concerning the Economic and Financial Affairs Council meeting of 12 February, what position was taken by the UK during the exchange of views on the European Commission’s proposal to move to qualified majority voting in EU taxation policy.
More of Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s recent appearances
Independent Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1983
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Union Committee (20 Nov 1995 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (20 Nov 1995 to 8 Nov 1997)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (12 Dec 1989 to 17 Mar 1992)
- Member, Select Committee on Broadcasting (19 Jun 1986 to 17 Mar 1993)
- Member, Televising of Proceedings of the House (L) Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 15 May 1986)
- Member, Overseas Trade Committee (15 Nov 1984 to 6 Nov 1986)
- Member, Energy Committee (3 May 1979 to 21 Jan 1983)
- Member, Nationalised Industries Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Nationalised Industries: Sub-Committee B (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Nationalised Industries: Sub-Committee E (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Government Whip (4 Apr 1976 to 18 Nov 1977)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (27 Jan 1975 to 14 Apr 1976)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from