A selection of Lord Stoddart of Swindon's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to invoke Article 50 of the TEU immediately; and whether they will negotiate to withdraw from the EU within months, and not later than March 2017.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they plan to accelerate negotiations to leave the EU to ensure that they are completed before July 2017 when the UK is due to take over the Presidency of the Council of the EU.
To ask Her Majesty’s Government what instructions they have given to ensure that UK representatives in the EU Committee of Permanent Representatives (1) do not commit the UK to any new policies prior to withdrawal from the EU, and (2) facilitate a swift and effective withdrawal from the EU.
More of Lord Stoddart of Swindon’s recent appearances
Independent Labour Peer
Entered the House of Lords in 1983
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Union Committee (20 Nov 1995 to 8 Apr 1997)
- Member, EU Sub-Committee E (20 Nov 1995 to 8 Nov 1997)
- Member, Procedure Committee (Lords) (12 Dec 1989 to 17 Mar 1992)
- Member, Select Committee on Broadcasting (19 Jun 1986 to 17 Mar 1993)
- Member, Televising of Proceedings of the House (L) Committee (5 Dec 1984 to 15 May 1986)
- Member, Overseas Trade Committee (15 Nov 1984 to 6 Nov 1986)
- Member, Energy Committee (3 May 1979 to 21 Jan 1983)
- Member, Nationalised Industries Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Nationalised Industries: Sub-Committee E (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Nationalised Industries: Sub-Committee B (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (4 Apr 1976 to 18 Nov 1977)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (27 Jan 1975 to 14 Apr 1976)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from